Sunday, May 6, 2007

Proof Positive

For those who aren't convinced (and I can't imagine there are many) that Roger Clemens is an arrogant, egotistical douchebag, there's no better proof than his announcement today.

It's not about baseball for him anymore; it's about his ego.

I realize the game as we know it is about money. But aside from a few players here and there, it's not about grandstanding. It never has been.

It is in New York.

There's the mighty Yankee tradition, ladies and gentlemen: money and egos. What a great example.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, and I'm already tired of hearing about it on ESPN. I guess I could just not watch ESPN, but I wanted to see what they said about the Indians. You know, if they ever got around to talking about something other than Roger Clemens.

Eventually, they did. #1 Web Gem for Grady!

Anonymous said...

I had to the the same. I finally just recorded Baseball tonight so I could FF through the half hour of Yankees that started it. -BT

Kyle Garret said...

Dan Patrick ripped the Yankees and Clemens this morning on his radio show. It was great.

Mike Huge said...

How can one of the greatest (if not the greatest) pitchers of the recent era be SO attention starved?

It's sad, it's pathetic, and I hope it further curses the Yankees.