Friday, May 25, 2007

First!

I missed most of the game tonight, but listened to the last few innings on the drive back from Athens. Yes, I'm in Ohio. I'm spending the weekend in Columbus for a wedding and tortured the RCR Significant Other with a trip to my alma mater, Ohio University. And then I further tortured her by listening to the game on the way back.

Who doesn't love Casey Blake?

Just last night I mentioned to my dad (we were at my parents' house last night) that Jason Michaels must be wondering what he has to do to play every day. The man has definitely earned a shot at it, given tonight's catch (and Michaels' much higher AVG. over Delucci).

We've got our three best pitchers going in this series, which is nice, but the series against the Red Sox could be scary (particulary since they'll have their 1-3 going, although we've always done well against Beckett).

Oh, and I'd be remiss in not mentioning Barfield's homerun. I know that it's early yet, but if this is the "adjusted to the AL" Barfield we're seeing then he's insane. Best trade we've made since we sent Bartolo to Montreal.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jason Michaels has definitely made more of his platooning time than Dellucci has. I think he deserves more playing time.