Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pitchers

I think it was clear to however watched the Mariners game on Monday that C.C. did not have his best stuff. He got a no decision, but he kept the Tribe in the game.

I think it was clear to however watched last night's game that Fausto did not have his best stuff. He also got a no decision, but he kept the Tribe in the game.

I think it's clear to everyone watching the game right now that Cliff Lee does not have his best stuff. Unfortunately, he is doing absolutely nothing to keep the Tribe in the game.

If it were simply his pitching, that would be one thing. But the first two runs they scored were gifts due to an extra out because Lee didn't even cover first base!

I have faith in our offense.

But, still, did anyone imagine there'd be a chance we'd be looking to Sowers to prevent being swept by the Royals?

I know there are a lot of games in the season. But this is the AL Central. We can't have our offense shut down one day and our pitching shut down the next, then hand the ball to a starter who's ERA is over seven.

In other words, I think it's Miller time.

No comments: