Friday, May 11, 2007

Bad Streak

Strangely enough (16 runs in two days), I'm not concerned about our pitching. I think we've got that well in hand. I'm definitely worried about our bats.

Particularly Pronk.

That said, it still always great to see Garko hit the ball. I think his performance is going to be key for us this year.

For all the grief that Cleveland fans might get (some deserved, considering the attendence numbers), at least they're not A's fans. I mean, the only thing worse than that stadium are the fans who refuse to support a team who ALWAYS competes. I think we all know that Cleveland fans would actually turn out in groves if we had a team that has been as good as the A's over the last few years. Not to give into a stereotype, but your average Oakland sports fan doesn't seem like the target market for baseball. I can't picture many members of the Raider Nation arguing righty vs. lefty.

We need a stopper. We can't afford to lose another series...particularly to the stupid AL West.

No comments: