Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Indians at Red Sox, 5/30/07

That ump MUST have a problem with us. While Barfield was completely caught, from what I understand you actually have to TAG the guy to get him out.

But thank you, Grady. That was a big pick me up.

Let's hope we can hang on; it would be nice to go into the big weekend series with a win.

UPDATE: Top of the 8th

I will give grief to Cabrera and Hernandez all day long, but you have to love the guys we CAN depend on in our bullpen. Mastny was brilliant and Fultz was absolutely FEARLESS against Ortiz. I'd be really happy with our bullpen if we could find another lefty (to be our situational guy so Fultz can come in more regularly) and another end of the game guy (to give Borowski time off) and I'd be pretty happy. As my friend Matt suggested, I bet you Brad Lidge will be available at mid-season...

Pronk seems to be recovering from his slump, which is a good sign for the weekend. He also knocked in another run, which we'll probably need as Hernandez is warming up in the bullpen.

UPDATE: Bottom of the 8th

What did I say? WHAT DID I SAY? It's now 8-4. I really do feel bad for the other late inning guys in the bullpen. Every time they think they're going to get a chance to relax. Hernandez comes in and makes it interesting.

1 comment:

Mike Huge said...

Yep, not only does Hernandez give up runs, but he really drags things out with lots of walks. Rick Manning commented last night that there's a lot of fielders out there "staring at their shoes" when he's pitching because things move so slowly.

On the upside, how about Shoppach's night?? Four hits from our second catcher!