Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cliff!!

Cliff Lee is DOMINATING in his 50th career win. He's now 50-28 lifetime; you don't let someone like that go.

He lowered his ERA nearly 4 points. Wow.

And Casey Blake, two for four with 2 RBI and a run scored. I think I'm going to go ahead and say that I like Casey at third, and it's for one reason: pressence. I don't see Marte going up to Cliff after he gave up that first hit and giving him a pep talk. I know, I know, Casey's not exactly a huge improvement over Marte, but what our infield is missing is someone who will step up and be a cheerleader, someone who will step in and calm everyone down, and I feel like Casey will do that more than Marte. I think Marte's still too young.

Pronk looked bad, but it's a credit to his talent that he was able to drive in a run after striking out (badly) four times.

Victor is money.

I'm going to the game tomorrow! Hopefully Byrd can maintain his great start.

No comments: