Sunday, May 20, 2007

Calm Before the Storm

I'd forgotten that Miller's next start in Buffalo has been pushed back a few days due to a minor finger injury. In an odd coincidence, he'll now be on the same cycle as Sowers...

I'm not Wedge or Shapiro, but I would think that the upcoming series against Kansas City (not to look past tomorrow's game against the Mariners or anything) should make or break both Sowers and Cabrera. I would expect to see Cabrera once or twice as Kansas City IS the worst team in baseball at the moment (by record, at least, which is a bit unfair as they're in the best division in baseball).

But I think decisions need to be made after that. Because once we leave Kansas City, we get Detroit, Boston, and Detroit again -- ten games against two of the top three teams in the AL, ten games against a team we're going to have to fight to win the division and a team we're going to have to go through to win the AL.

We've got some heavy lifting coming up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Problem with Cabrera is that he's out of options, just like J. Davis was. And I'd hate to give away 2 relievers that close together. I think we're stuck with Cabrera for a while, which means they need to get his head straight pronto. -BT