Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Long Overdue

First off, a few "shout outs," as the kids say these days. A hearty "thanks for reading" to all the dudes at Brett's wedding. I hope I'm keeping you entertained -- and feel free to leave some comments when you have something to say. And having met you all, I'm confident that that will be often.

Yet more "thanks for reading" to Ally, a new edition, Laura, who's been on board from the start, and Mike, who drank 40's of malt liquor with me during every game of the 1997 World Series. I think he'll agree that the second 40 as we headed into the late innings of Game 7 was a life saver (literally, as had I been able to jump off the roof that night I probably would have).

Also, greetings to the hometown fans, including my dad, my brother, and my friend Tony, who parks by the Jake for work and who I keep trying to convince to ditch for a game one day. Maybe Thursday...?

As usual, C.C. was the man tonight. Sabathia turned into a fashionable pre-season pick for Cy Young and he seems to be living up to that hype, although he's got some stiff competition. Tonight was a big boost for his K's and his ERA.

Tonight was also another reminder of the scary amounts of talent we have in Buffalo in the outfield.

This just in -- Texas managed to give up less than a dozen runs and actually beat the Tigers. And while I do hate the Yankees, I might hate the White Sox more, so it was nice to see them lose. The Angels are up on the Twins again, too.

All is right with the world.

No comments: