Friday, June 15, 2007

Braves @ Indians, 6/15/07

Well, then.

Unlike a vast majority of Indians fans, I don't have a big problem with Wedge. I find that many Indians fans are somewhat myopic when it comes to Wedge (and with good reason). For example, if we go one night without stealing, suddenly we never steal. Or, if we don't bunt one night, then that means we never bunt. These things are simply not true. Every game is different.

I find that, because of my view on things, I'm willing to see the positives and the negatives in what Wedge does. If he makes a mistake, I don't condemn him completely.

That said, we lost tonight because of him.

I won't begrudge him sending C.C. back out in the 9th. I will, however, call him out on leaving him in after a lead off double. That's just ridiculous. And not only was C.C. left in there after that, but he stayed in after the Peralta error. Sure, that wasn't C.C's fault, but he shouldn't have even been in there at that point.

C.C. deserved his tenth win tonight. And he shouldn't have gotten after only pitching 8 innings.

No comments: