Saturday, June 23, 2007

Last Night

The Detroit Tigers are good.

This is why losing to the Washington Nationals (or the Kansas City Royals or the Texas Rangers or any other team we SHOULD beat) is just stupid.

Judging by the way we were just swinging away up there, the entire team thought getting hits off the Nationals would be no problem.

And again I find myself questioning a coaching move. Why pitch to Watson? He already had one RBI and at that point it was only 2-1. Sure, the Nationals would have brought someone off the bench to hit in the pitcher's spot, but it would have been someone coming up cold as opposed to a guy who ended up going 2 for 4 with 2 RBI.

I hate the idea that I'm turning into a Monday morning quarterback, but there are times when I'm just baffled.

Anyway, I think we really need a win tonight, not just because I think we need to improve the confidence level of the team, but also because as I write this the Braves only have one more inning to catch the Tigers.

No comments: