Saturday, June 30, 2007

Devil Rays @ Indians, 6/30/07

I didn't comment on last night's game because, really, what there to say? Just amazing. It's night's like that (rookie getting his first start, his first hit, and a walk off homer) that really make you believe in these guys. It's unreal.

And how awesome is it that C.C. got his 12th win tonight (*cough*and Beckett didn't*cough*)? While I'd love to see the Tribe with a 20 game winner, the later into the season we go the harder it will be for C.C. But, still, technically he's on a pace to win 24...

I was a bit bummed to see Perez give up those homers, since he's been so great, but he is a rookie and he was bound to lose it a little. Hopefully he bounces right back, although I will once again raise the issue of multiple innings. I know they really need long relief help in that bullpen, but he's such a dominating pitcher that using him for more than an inning (when he's guaranteed to be dominating) seems ill advised.

And of course I was cheering on the Twins today, but that's a double edged sword. Minnesota is a scary team and they're clearly starting to heat up.

Still, it's nice to have some more room at the top, with hopefully more to come. And the Tribe plays the Tigers on ESPN on the 4th! The first time I get to see them on my new HDTV!

No comments: