Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Red Sox @ Indians, 7/24/07

My friend Matt is a Red Sox fan. Today I explained to him how we had to win all of C.C., Fausto, and Byrd's starts to make the post-season. He asked me if our season would be over if we lost tonight. I told him yes.

Season over!

Okay, okay, I kid. But it's getting to that point. When was the last time you looked at a start by any of the three GOOD pitchers we have and didn't think to yourself "man, we really need to win that game because we'll lose when Westbrook and Lee pitch?"

That said, you couldn't have asked for more from C.C. tonight.

I feel like the team has the same view that the fans do, and that's troubling. Yes, we left the bases loaded. Yes, Grady was tagged at third when he shouldn't have been. And that just proves my point.

I feel like the team KNOWS they need to win every time C.C. is out there. And it makes me think they're forcing it to the point of not performing.

Hey, maybe it's just me. But I you know that the guys on that team are seeing the same things that we are. You know they feel the same way.

No comments: