Saturday, July 7, 2007

Indians @ Blue Jays, 7/7/07

I would love for someone to explain to me WHY the game today was blacked out by MLB.tv. But I'll get by listening to WTAM.

Carmona is more than likely going to get his 10th win, giving the Tribe two 10 game + winners before the All Star game for the first time in 51 years.

Borowski seems to be getting better as the season goes on, which is a nice surprise.

Here's a fun quote that a friend of mine sent me:

"All-Star shortstop Carlos Guillen won't be surprised if the Red Sox are back for the AL championship series."We are the two best teams, maybe with Anaheim," Guillen said, referring to the AL West-leading Los Angeles Angels."

Nice, Guillen, you conceited jackass. Not only do you currently SHARE first place with a team that came in FOURTH last year, you're 4-6 against them this season.

What a jackass. The Tigers just give me more and more reasons to hate them.

Victor's day to day with a bruised knee. They should just use Shoppach tomorrow and let Victor enjoy the break (skip the All-Star game, V-Mart, if needed). I'm sure that's what they'll do.

The back end of rotation still worries me, as does our bullpen. Unfortunately I don't know that we have a lot of help ready to go. Maybe some time off will help Cliff and Jake (although Jake seems to be far closer to normal than Cliff).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. Love your blog's name. Check out my novel, The Curse Of Carl Mays to read a fictionlized, "alternate history" account of the Mays-Chapman incident.

[My own blog is Troy O'Leary's Cow]