Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Indians @ Tigers, 7/3/07

I've never had anything against the Tigers. I mean, it's not like they're the White Sox.

That changed a bit when they trade for Sheffield, who is a thug and a moron. So that gave me are reason to like the Tigers a little less.

It's bottom of the ninth as I type this, so I should point out that the result of the game is unknown and not a factor.

But, man alive, did the Tigers do some whining tonight.

First, there was Pronk's foot. Even had there been a visible chalk line still there, his foot was basically on it. You have to love the fact that when Pudge (I'll get to him in a minute) complained about it, Pronk inched forward and proceeded to hit the next pitch he saw.

Then, there was Betancourt.

Now, let me first say this: the Tigers are completely right. Rafy does take too long and there is a rule about it and he should get called. The only problem is that in the particular instance they called it, the batter had STEPPED OUT. How does that have anything to do with Betancourt's timing? It doesn't.

Hey, they just called it again...and the Tigers still went down 1-2-3.

You have to love Wedge's reaction that time, too. Just waved it off: whatever.

On to better news...

Ben. Francisco. Unreal. If the Tribe manages to pull this one out, Eric Wedge gets a free pass for a while just for making that move (especially considering the fact that there was righty/lefty number reason to make that move).

Hell, runners on the corners with one out. And we walk the bases loaded, so it's all or nothing now, kids...

Pop up! Two down...ohhhhh, this is killing me.

Man, of course, it's Mr. "I Don't Actually Deserve To Start the All-Star Game Over Victor" Pudge. This has all the makes of a Greek tragedy.

Nice, Mastny! Okay, don't we need to win this now? Doesn't escaping such a thing give us karma points? Please?

And it's the magic beard!! Hell, yeah, Casey!

Oh, god...I don't know if my heart is going to be able to handle Borowski...

No comments: