Tuesday, July 3, 2007

More Strangeness

Here's an interesting fact for you, courtesy of the fine folks at AP:

Mastny's six relief wins lead the AL.

Our bullpen is so strange. I mean, it really is. Let's face facts, we have a righty (Betancourt) and a lefty (Perez) that are just lights out. Joe Borowski would save me a lot of stress if he pitched like he did tonight every time out. And, as stated above, Tom Mastny leads the AL in relief wins, not to mention appears to be a magician.

I felt good about our chances after that tenth inning, karma aside. I looked at the box score and noticed that, while Mastny was our 3rd pitcher of the night, the Tigers were on their 6th. And if anything, that's why we're able to win like we do. Our starters go so deep and our hitters beat pitchers down so well that we're simply out lasting everyone.

It's just amazing, really.

I'm starting to get greedy; I want to leave Detroit up five.

No comments: