Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Rangers @Indians, 4/25/07 Part Two

And that's what I get for hoping Sammy Sosa does well. I meant in general, not against us! Thankfully, we've still got a lead, so all is not lost.

As usual, there's not such thing as an easy win for the Indians.

Grady goes down swinging and we get the fun fact that both he and JP are in the top ten in baseball in strike outs. That's not really a distinction we want.

Tom Mastny comes in and does what he does. You know, I know he was good to us last year, but he's been pretty amazing this year. It really would be a shame to lose him if/when Miller comes back. I'm sure we can find someone else to drop from the roster, someone a bit older than everyone else, perhaps...

Heart of the order coming up for the Tribe. Victor's 0-3 today...I think he's due...

Pronk hit bya pitch. Has he ever been hit this much this regularly before? Is this a new thing? Everyone hit Pronk?

Okay, I said you were due, Victor, don't make me look stupid...

Due for a walk! Two on, no outs for Garko. I wonder what Ron Washington said to Mahay that required him to walk out there instead of the pitching coach.

Mahay just faked a throw to second. Not only was no one covering, but Travis Hafner was on base...and, really, he's a big stealing threat.

Garko walked! Wow. And not to beat a dead horse, but Casey Blake no where to be seen.

I'm sure I could find this stat somewhere, but it would be interested to see how many called strike threes Ryan Garko takes. It can't be that many. The many just does not give in when he's down to his last strike.

Michaels pops up in the infield. Not a good start. Two more chances.

Good god. Peralta goes down swinging. This is unreal.

Choo is up and down 0-2 just like (not unlike Peralta's at bat). This is not good.

BOOYAH!! Choo singles Hafner home! At least we've got something.

Barfield pops up and, hey, some kid in the stands catches it.

And a few pitches later he strikes out.

Man, only one run...that's just sad...

UPDATE: You know, we kind of deserve to lose this game. It would not shock me to see the Rangers actually drive in runs with the bases loaded just to mock the fact that we only got one.

And would someone please tell me Hernandez is in? I don't care if Fultz has walked two guys, I have way more faith in him than in Hernandez. It's like replacing a guy who can't find the strike zone with a guy who never finds the strike zone.

This can't end well.

Hey, what do I know? Hernandez not only finds the strike zone, but gets a strike out for the final out!

We're three outs away from winning a ridiculous game.

I'll admit that Casey Blake has been an easy target for me so far in my blogging, but it really does seem like he's playing better baseball now that he's at third base every day. That was a perfect bunt and it's nice to see the Tribe playing some small ball, even though that will be rendered moot as they'll most likely walk Pronk...

...unless, of course, they decide to pitch to him, which worked out well for Texas.

But as I said earlier, I think Victor is due. An extra run for Borowski would be nice.

And Victor makes me look stupid. The question now isn't whether or not Borowski will get the save, but how many baserunners he'll allow in the process. With the way this game is going, I'm going to say two.

Okay, Joe, prove me wrong here, buddy...1-2-3...

Well, there's one, and with only four pitches! You're killing me, Joe.

At least Wedge is smart enough to get the bullpen going. I wonder what Shoppach just said to Borowski? Something along the lines of "for the love of god just throw strikes."

Pop up to JP for the first out.

Lofton in the game now, gets a round of applause from the oh, two dozen people still at the game. Hey, I would imagine it's pretty cold after 10 in Cleveland. Personally, I just shut off the air conditioning a little while ago.

Lofton steals second. That's another pair of gloves to put on the wall.

Wow, well, Borowski with a strike out and Lofton goes to third. The tying run is just 90 feet away.

And first pitch Young sends over Sizemore and the game is tied.

Amazing what happens when you walk a .150 hitter.

No comments: