Friday, April 27, 2007

Orioles @Indians, 4/27/07

Come on, people. Sure, I'm surprised that Fultz gave up a hit, but Hernandez? I mean, is anyone shocked by this?

I think MLB broadcasts should mic the managers when they decide which reliever to go to, because I'm completely baffled by the process. Only Mastny and Davis pitched yesterday, and Davis only an inning. As erratic as JD can be, I'd take him over Hernandez.

Thank god, they're going to Betancourt. Wait, did I just type that? I realize Rafy is prone to the long ball (he throws it so hard you just need to get wood on it to send it out), but he generally goes after guys.

Okay, switching to happier times -- how about that in the park home run?? You have to love Grady. I honestly thought that ball was gone when he hit it.

Who else expected Guthrie to come out and smoke us, though? History suggests that any player we let go will automatically come back to own us. Thankfully, that wasn't the case tonight.

"He came in and fired two quality strikes." Yes, yes he did. Let's go, Betancourt...let's get this...

Grounder to Barfield! That was a heck of a battle, though.

Okay, time for some insurance...

UPDATE: Indians win! Borowski strikes out the side!

I don't know that I've seen it mentioned anywhere, but has anyone else noticed that Shoppach catches in the final innings of any close game? It's a smart move to get his defense in there. I just don't remember them doing that regularly before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I've noticed them moving Victor to first and letting Kelly catch, often when Borowski is coming in for a save. It's pretty smart, in case someone reaches first and thinks he can steal second. Because we all know what would happen then. Kelly would gun him down, for sure. :)