Sunday, August 19, 2007

Indians @ Devil Rays, 8/19/07

Ah, there's the Tribe we've all grown to know and loathe lately. If I were C.C. Sabathia, I'd really be getting pissed off at this point.

The upside is that the Tigers lost, too. The downside is that the Tigers lost, too. So much for padding our lead.

Cabrera is definitely making a good argument to stay in the Majors. I have to wonder how that's working out for Ryan Garko. He and Barfield are roommates, so I wonder if it's weird for him to play with his replacement.

And how about Guterriez being moved to the two spot just days after I suggested it! I'm psychic. And he managed to move Lofton over in his first at bat. Hope that sticks.

Big series on Tuesday. Fingers crossed.

EDIT:

While I appreciate the desire to add a fifth starter who already has big league experience, I don't know how much that reasoning is going to hold up in the face of Aaron Laffey's performance since he was sent back down. He went six strong today, giving up one earned run and striking out five. Granted, he walked three, but he pitched around those, it would appear.

I know Cliff is making progress down there, but I think Sowers has made just a much progress over a longer period of time -- and Laffey has only gotten better. In the end, I think it might come down to money, as I can't imagine it's sitting too well having to pay Cliff Lee so much money to be a starter in Buffalo.

No comments: