Saturday, August 18, 2007

Indians @ Devil Ray, 8/18/07

Man, is it nice to have Jake back.

It's a thing of beauty to watch Jake Westbrook pitch when he's throwing like we know he can. He's just a smart pitcher. At one point he threw back at Carl Crawford on first something like three or four times and on the next pitch induced a double play. And the only reason the speedy Crawford wasn't able to break it up is because Jake kept him so close to first.

And, hey, nothing like playing the Devil Rays to get the offense going again.

I don't know how much it's helped the rest of the line-up, but clearly batting third works for Grady.

I stand my ground on Cabrera. I need more proof that he can hit at this level before I'm completely on board. I'd love for him to keep it up, though.

And the Tigers lost. So at the very least we'll still be in first when we head to Detroit next week.

No comments: